Friday, August 15, 2014

Found out something interesting about Migraines. New to me but I have been reading.

Research while my Internet was down

Something I stumbled on will finding more out about Myself and my Migraines 

I recently checked out a book called Headaches 47 ways to stop the pain, by Charles B. Inlander & Porter Shimer Copyright 1995. 
The pain that I have is under the category of Vascular Headaches, the migraine. After finding a link on my blog (the migraine links on the side) a site called the New Bury Port News I found some other information that says it is much more complicated than a Vascular Headache, this article was written by Bob Keller. Here are a few interesting quote word for word from the website and the link at the end. This article date is August 15 2014. 


"Bob Keller is a certified pain relief practitioner in Newburyport.

 He can be reached at 978-465-5111 or bob@myokineast.com" 

(New Bury Port News). 

"Within the last decade or so, improved research tools have shown 

the process to be more complex and mainly neuronal rather than 

vascular. The new hypotheses represent a work-in-progress not yet 

consistent enough properly to be called a theory. The trigger event 

is now understood to cause an electrical disturbance that spreads 

over the surface of the brain, accounting for the aura. If the 

spreading is below the surface, then no aura is apparent. This event 

is named cortical spreading depression" (New Bury Port News). 

In the article Bob Keller describes Migraines as a syndrome rather 

than a disease like another book I checked out called Living Well 

with Migraine Disease and Headaches by Teri Robert. This book 

was Copyrighted 2005. it is interesting how quickly science 

changes 

and throughout these 19 years I have suffered under migraines and 

I wonder what they will change about how they are seen now. 


This is my update to what I have been doing while working and 

working on controlling my pain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Struggle in Photography